In this article, we are going to cover electrical chain saws (Corded).
- What is a chain saw?
- Types of chain saws
- Eight Best Electrical Corded Chainsaws 2022
- The Best Electrical Corded chainsaws
- 1. BLACK+DECKER Electric Chainsaw, 18-Inch, 15-Amp, Corded (CS1518)
- 2. Oregon CS1500 18 in. 15 Amp Self-Sharpening Corded Electric Chainsaw
- 3. Worx WG305.1 8 Amp 14″ Electric Chainsaw
- 4. Greenworks 14.5 Amp 18-Inch Corded Chainsaw 20332
- 5. Makita-UC4051A Chain Saw, Electric
- 6. Zombi ZCS12017 16-Inch 120-Volt 13-Amp Corded Electric Chainsaw with Oregon Bar & Chain
- 7. Earthwise CS33016 16-Inch 12-Amp Corded Electric Chainsaw
- 8. CRAFTSMAN Chainsaw, 8-Amp, 14-Inch (CMECS614)
- Things to remember
- Abdul Rehman
What is a chain saw?
A chain saw is a tool used for cutting wood, trees, timber, limbs, etc.
The basic mechanism is it has an electric or fuel-powered motor assembly with a chain at 1 end which rotates at a high speed on top of a bar allowing it to cut the wood or lumber.
Things to consider before buying a chain saw.
The first thing to consider is how powerful the motor is.
Always buy a chainsaw that has spare parts easily available in the market. As frequent chain, bar, etc. needs to be replaced
Cutting and chopping wood is a tiring job. Having the right tool for it is crucial. Lighter chainsaws give you room for easy movement and less fatigue.
Chain saws are loud causing a hearing and environmental damage. So always choose a chain saw which produces less noise.
As chain saws are high-speed rotating tools. So, it must be equipped with.
chain break safety
Longer the bar easier to cut big diameter tress but are difficult to handle.
Types of chain saws
Mainly there are 2 types of chain saws available in the market.
Gasoline fueled and electric powered
The one powered by gasoline requires constant refilling once it ran out of gas and develop many other issues with time like gas-oil mixing, starting problem, etc.
While electric-powered eliminate all these issues produced by gas-driven but these are underpowered.
In the electric type, we have 2 subtypes.
Corded and cordless chainsaws
While cordless eliminates the requirement of a power cable but still these are underpowered for heavy obs.
Electric chain saws have the following benefits over fuel-powered ones
No need for refilling
Easy start and stop (just with buttons)
0 pollution (Emissions)
Suitable for light to medium jobs
Eight Best Electrical Corded Chainsaws 2022
- BLACK+DECKER Electric Chainsaw
- Oregon CS1500 18 in. 15 Amp Self-Sharpening Corded Electric Chainsaw
- Worx WG305.1 8 Amp 14″ Electric Chainsaw
- Greenworks 14.5 Amp 18-Inch Corded Chainsaw 20332
- Makita-UC4051A Chain Saw
- Zombi ZCS12017 16-Inch 120-Volt 13-Amp Corded Electric Chainsaw
- Earthwise CS33016 16-Inch 12-Amp Corded Electric Chainsaw
- CRAFTSMAN Chainsaw
The Best Electrical Corded chainsaws
1. BLACK+DECKER Electric Chainsaw, 18-Inch, 15-Amp, Corded (CS1518)
This chain saw from black and decker comes with an 18” Oregon low kickback chain and bar.
It has a powerful 15-amp motor with a tool-free chain tensioning system.
Product dimensions are 20.69×13.19×10.81 inches with a weight of around 12 pounds.
Main features include
an automatic oiling system
tool-free chain tensioning
chain break safety feature.
It has a clear window to gauge the oil level as it will oil the chain continuously.
What’s inside the box
2. Oregon CS1500 18 in. 15 Amp Self-Sharpening Corded Electric Chainsaw
The main feature of the chain saw is its self-sharpening function. To engage this function, we just have to turn on the motor and push the lever for 3 to 5 secs. It has a powerful 15-amp motor with 18 inches of bar and chain. It has a chain break for safety.
Toll-free tensioning system. The sound is amazing between the cuts; no cooling is required and has 0 emissions.
Product dimensions are 15 inches and weigh around 12.6 pounds
3. Worx WG305.1 8 Amp 14″ Electric Chainsaw
The machine has a 14” bar and chain 28ft/sec chain speed. It has an auto-tension chain system and
7.94pounds. it has an 8amp motor with 120v input. The chain pitch is 3/8” with an oil tank capacity of 40z.
Product dimensions are 10x16x8inches
4. Greenworks 14.5 Amp 18-Inch Corded Chainsaw 20332
Product dimensions are 33×10.25×8.5 inches and weigh around 12.1 pounds. It has 18 inches bar and chain that can be used to cut trees up to 34 inches in diameter. It has a powerful 14.5 amp motor.
Tool-less chain tensioning system and automatic oil system and transparent oil window to check the oil level and condition. Handguard for added safety.
5. Makita-UC4051A Chain Saw, Electric
Toll less blade and chain adjustment with a powerful motor. The motor has a built-in current limiter which is designed to protect the motor from burning when is machine is overloaded. It has an automatic chain oiler with a clear window for oil reservoir check. Ergonomic design and a rubber grip for better handling.
It has a 16” bar and chain and weights around
Tool-free chain tensioner
The trigger has a lock-off button
6. Zombi ZCS12017 16-Inch 120-Volt 13-Amp Corded Electric Chainsaw with Oregon Bar & Chain
This machine has a powerful 13amp motor
16” bar and chain Oregon
Have great safety features
It has a tool-less chain tensioner
Safety start button and a front handguard
Transparent oil level gauge and an automatic lubrication system.
Product dimensions are 35x10x11 inches.
7. Earthwise CS33016 16-Inch 12-Amp Corded Electric Chainsaw
It has a 16” bar and chain with a 12-amp motor
Comes with a protection bar cover with the package
Has an automatic oiling system and a transparent oil checked gauge?
Tool-free chain tensioning system
Item weighs 9.9 pounds and dimensions are 34×7.5×9.5 inches
8. CRAFTSMAN Chainsaw, 8-Amp, 14-Inch (CMECS614)
This machine has an 8-amp motor with 14 inches bar and chain. It has a ‘built-in oiling mechanism that supplies oil automatically to the chain while it’s working.
Bolt lock chain tensioning system which requires a tool to tight the chan.
This tool is 9.91×6.82×28.67 inches long
And Weights around 7.1 pounds.
Wrench and bar
- Best Stick Welding machines Shielded metal arc welding
- Best Cordless Drilling machines
- Best 4.5 Angle Grinders Corded
- BEST CORE DRILLING MACHINES
- Best Rotary Hammer Drills
Things to remember
- Always cut from the lower edge of the bar
- Always start a cut with chain saw running in full speed
- Never use chain saw above shoulder height
- Right hand on rear handle and left hand on front handle
- Always hold chain saw with 2 hands
- Never work on ladder
- Use firm ground or area
- Do not cut, concrete, plastic or anything other than wood.
- Always use industrial standard extension wire while cutting woods in far areas
- Avoid working in rain
With a lot of brads available it is quite difficult to choose the best product.
So, it is always a great practice to do a little research on products and a clear vision on where we are going to use the tool? For lumberjacks and professionals’ quality, robustness and toughness is always a priority no matter the price. While for DIY projects low prices with medium quality products will serve the purpose.
Below is the comparison of products, to help you make a decision.
|BLACK+DECKER Electric Chainsaw, 18-Inch, 15-Amp, Corded (CS1518)||15||18||12||20.69×13.19×10.81||93.94|
|Oregon CS1500 18 in. 15 Amp Self-Sharpening Corded Electric Chainsaw||15||18||12.6||18×37.5×10.5||99.67|
|Worx WG305.1 8 Amp 14″ Electric Chainsaw||8||14||7.94||10x16x8||59.25|
|Greenworks 14.5 Amp 18-Inch Corded Chainsaw 20332||14.5||18||12.1||33×10.25×8.5||69.58|
|Makita-UC4051A Chain Saw, Electric, 16 in. Bar – Sliver||14.5||16||14||10 x 24.2 x 10.5||373.16|
|Zombi ZCS12017 16-Inch 120-Volt 13-Amp Corded Electric Chainsaw with Oregon Bar & Chain||13||16||##||35x10x11||73.73|
|CRAFTSMAN Chainsaw, 8-Amp, 14-Inch (CMECS614) , Red||8||14||7.1||9.91×6.82×28.67||59|